Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Title in 2011

Switzerland's Roger Federer raises the golden eagle trophy after beating Nikolay Davydenko of Russia

Roger Federer started the 2011 season with an awesome 6-3, 6-4 win over Nikolay Davydenko to collect his third Qatar Open title on Saturday (1/8).

"It does feel great," Federer said to winning his 67th career title. "I can't believe the season is under way and I'm already on the board with a title."

It was a good preparation for Federer to play in Australian Open on January 17.

"I'm very happy to kick-off the season today this way I think I played an amazing match... it will give me a lot of confidence for the remainder of the season," said the 29-year-old Swiss, who will head to Australia for a week of practice.

reuters
rogerfederer

No comments:

Post a Comment