Saturday, January 24, 2009

Healing Cesc feeling Fab

Cesc Fabregas admits he is feeling good both "physically and mentally" as he steps up his rehabilitation programme.

Fabregas is set to be out of action until at least April after suffering ligament damage in a tackle with Liverpool's Xabi Alonso at the Emirates Stadium last month.

It is the first long-term layoff for the 21-year-old, who was handed the captain's armband at Arsenal by manager Arsene Wenger earlier this season.

"The first two or three days after I was injured were really bad for me because something like this has never happened to me," Fabregas told Spanish sports newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

"But now I feel really good both physically and mentally and I'm ready to work hard to get back to fitness.

"I'm going to be concentrating on regaining mobility in my knee, getting back flexibility again after being sidelined for four weeks and, above all, strengthening the injured ligament.

"In a couple of days I will be able to let go of one of my two crutches."

The Spain international added he is refusing to set a timescale for his comeback.
"I haven't fixed a concrete date for my return," he said.

"At the moment all I'm thinking about is recovering from my knee injury and being fully fit to finish the season."

espnstar

No comments:

Post a Comment